2011-12-18

A Weight off My Shoulders

SICP is quite heavy going... Or at least it's quite heavy going when you're trying to work through it in large chunks on a regular basis and keep a (more than) full-time job going as a software engineer. Not to mention having a life outside work as well...

You may have noticed I've been somewhat lax in keeping up with SICP. I'm not the only one. Several of my colleagues have not been able to keep up with the exercises and, when we reached the end of chapter 2, we took the decision to stop work through the book as a group and instead we'll work through the Berkeley SICP video lectures together. Working through the book is still encouraged, but has been left to individuals to drive their own progress.

So I've been taking a little break from the book. Hey, it's been somewhat busy both at work and home of late, and I've not found enough time to do any of my huge list of personal projects. However, I'm back! I might not manage to maintain the same velocity as I've done previously, but I still intend on working my way through the whole book and posting my solutions to the exercises.

Anyway, I've dropped the progress chart, as that no longer makes sense. And, going forward, the SICP exercise index won't have any week dates on it for the exercises, since they don't make sense either.

No comments:

Post a Comment