2011-08-29

SICP

It's always worthwhile brushing up on the fundamentals once in a while.  To this end some of my colleagues and I have been working through Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs, a.k.a. SICP, since it's oft noted as a classic text.  I'm going to do my best to join the raft of existing blogs out there that document people's progress through this.

We've already got through chapter 1, Building Abstractions with Procedures, and are about half way through chapter 2, Building Abstractions with Data.  In case you're not familiar with the text it's only got 5 chapters, despite weighing in at just over 600 pages, so I've quite a bit of catching-up to do.

And then for my next trick, I'll finally get around to restarting, and properly writing up, TAOCP.

No comments:

Post a Comment