2011-09-18

The Mystery of the Missing Exercises

I've noted before that I'm playing catch-up with writing up my solutions to the SICP exercises. As I'm writing this (well, technically, as of Tuesday coming if you count our weekly meeting) I've got as far as exercise 2.58. That's a grand total of 104 exercises. I've just finished writing up exercise 1.44, which means I've not long passed 40% of the backlog and, if I'm lucky, I might have got halfway caught up by the end of today!

While I'm playing catch-up writing up a solution is, for the most part, just a case of finding the work I did for the exercise at the time and wrapping it in some hopefully intelligible prose. However, disaster's just struck! I can't find my notes for exercises 1.45 or 1.46!

This is a catastrophe!

I'm going to have to... do them again from scratch!

However will I cope?

You never know, my write-ups might be more sensible for these two exercises as I'll actually be working them out as I'm writing them rather than regurgitating notes that are several weeks old.

No comments:

Post a Comment